What is an EGTC?
European Grouping of Territorial Cooperation.
A new opportunity for municipalities, regions and states to establish cross-border, transnational or interregional cooperation with similar players of another member state and to fulfil their common objectives this way.
Its aim is discrimination lessness: the local players get the same opportunities within the borders and across the borders.
EGTC is the first legal instrument of the European Union that provides legal personality and frame to the cooperation of European municipalities and regions and the efficient use of Union grants.
The grouping brings the players of at least two-member states (municipalities, regional authorities or the state) into a joint organisation. The legal conditions of the grouping are governed by the law of the state where the centre is located. EGTC has legal personality and full legal capacity, may act as an independent legal subject. The grouping has its own budget, organisation and contracting capacity, may acquire mobile or immobile properties, act before a court.
The members elect the chief executive and set up the public assembly consisting of the representatives of the members jointly.Details
The European Common Future Building EGTC has the primary objective to implement programs and projects in territorial cooperation with co-financing provided by the European Union. Another important overall objective of the EGTC is to strengthen economic and social cohesion in the framework of cross-border cooperation between its 8-member municipalities.
Names and headquarters of the members of EGTC:
- Municipality of Medgyesbodzás, 5663 Medgyesbodzás, Széchenyi street 38.
- Municipality of Medgyesegyháza 5666 Medgyesegyháza, Kossuth square 1.
- Municipality of Pusztaottlaka 5665 Pusztaottlaka, Dragán street 12.
- Municipality of Curtici 315200 Primariei street 47. Romania
- Municipality of Battonya 6830 Battonya Fő street 91.
- Municipality of Tótkomlós 5940 Tótkomlós Fő street 1.
- Municipality of Dorobanti 315201 Dorobanti, nr. 410, Romania
- Municipality of Macea 317210, Macea, nr.262, Romania
The special objectives of the grouping in the field of operation are:
- the establishment and operation of joint institutions to facilitate cooperation and the maintenance of projects
- joint tourism management system
- development of joint regional development plans, project development and project implementation
cooperation for the development of tourism: joint product development, development of tourism infrastructure and joint marketing activities.